Elevate is a next generation medical device company. We believe that by putting patients and design first, we can disrupt an industry that has remained stagnant for decades. Our team of passionate engineers, designers and doers are analyzing, designing, prototyping, and manufacturing the next new product category in healthcare.
Our team combines expertise from decades in orthopedic bracing with the rapid product design process born in the tech industry. We blend this with a rich focus on product-market fit and deep ethnographic research. With our unique approach, we not only create better products and experiences, but also develop them in a fraction of the time compared to traditional medical device companies.
As a Senior Engineering Program Manager (EPM), you will be directly responsible for bringing to life Elevate’s NPI (New Product Introduction) products through deep collaboration with the Product Design team. Your role will span program management and engineering operations, driving forward the schedule of a program, managing risks, balancing the project budget, coordinating with supply chain partners and preparing for launch. You will additionally drive high level decisions about product direction, resources and the overall product and technology roadmap. Lastly, you will play an integral role in determining the feasibility of integrating new technologies under development into current programs and serve as a key voice in early product architecture and feature decisions.
- Own NPI project success by driving program management with both US and Asia teams and key vendors.
- Ensure the engineering team meets the overall program schedule and arrives to the launch date on schedule with all issues addressed, risks mitigated and processes finalized.
- Empower team to see around corners and identify and prioritize project issues and risks throughout the program.
- Enable rapid development by monitoring an efficient, streamlined project management process and identifying, as well as implementing, process changes frequently as needed.
- Contribute to business plan development, resource allocation, budget and overall product pipeline scheduling for all products / technologies
- Help to scope new technologies and investigations by analyzing resource load and planning the intercept of core technologies and products accordingly.
- Provide engineering operations support, ensuring that the engineering team has tools, procedures and processes to streamline program workflow.
- Execute an industry-leading approach to product feedback and user testing with clinicians and patients.
- This position will report to the Director of Program Management
- This position may require travel within California (~10%) and to Asia (~10%), global health situation permitting.
- 4+ years of combined experience in program management and/or mechanical engineering, delivering products comprised of multiple materials and high aesthetic quality
- Deep proven knowledge of EVT, DVT, and PVT product development process.
- Ability to identify and direct all resources required to execute successful projects end to end.
- Collaborate and facilitate communication across multiple departments (Engineering, Operations, Quality, Marketing) and exteriorly with OEM partners to meet very aggressive cost, schedule and quality goals.
- Proven ability to work on a team and collaborate with mechanical engineers
- Detailed knowledge of the product development processes as well as an understanding of engineering and manufacturing processes
- Experience managing Asian OEMs and suppliers
- Ability to filter meaningful information for specific audiences.
- Extremely self-motivated and proactive with demonstrated critical thinking abilities
- Wide knowledge of manufacturing processes and materials
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Previous experience leading product teams in medical device industry with frequent executive-level exposure
- Proven understanding of medical device verification and validation process and FDA Class I / II QMS requirements.
- Willing to take risks and drive change within the company (even as a new employee!)
- Insatiable desire to learn new things (processes, roles, concepts, technologies)
- You are an executor. You just simply get things done well, on time, and above expectations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Similar
- Unlimited vacation
- Teams based in San Diego and San Francisco
- Healthcare and Dental benefits
- Remote working encouraged
Elevate Dynamics is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizen ship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.