Elevate is a next generation medical device company. We believe that by putting patients and design first, we can disrupt an industry that has remained stagnant for decades. Our team of passionate doers are analyzing, designing, prototyping, manufacturing, marketing & selling the next new product category in healthcare.
Our team combines expertise from decades in orthopedic bracing with the rapid product design process born in the tech industry. We blend this with a rich focus on product-market fit and deep ethnographic research. With our unique approach, we not only create better products and experiences, but also develop them in a fraction of the time compared to traditional medical device companies. We’re looking for an experienced Controller who can help us take our business to the next level. Do you want to be part of a fun team that creates awesome innovation? If so, keep reading!
The Controller will lead the accounting and finance tasks and work closely with the CEO to lay the financial foundation for our next phase of growth. Its a leadership role, charged with creating, documenting and maintaining new processes and systems to enable scaling up as we expand our business rapidly. This is a formative and exciting time as we seek to hire for and define the accounting function more fully within the company and implement increased visibility, controls and accountability into company financials and business metrics.
Reporting to the CEO, in a fast moving and rapidly growing company, you will also have an opportunity to hone and apply your accounting skills in a way that will allow you to develop CFO-level skills like financial reporting, analysis, and modeling, as well as c-level strategic thinking. We view this a great opportunity but we also expect our team to wear multiple hats and demonstrate a level of ability, ambition, efficiency, and ingenuity that will allow for such growth and future role development within our Company.
- Oversee financial management & regulatory compliancy of Elevate, overseeing accounting operations and record keeping.
- Oversee and manage the general accounting function, including internal control implementation, insurance, revenue analysis, budget reporting, and Year End filings
- Manage recurring month-end processes along with day-to-day financial operations
- Understand Elevates business processes, unit economics, and financial statements to optimize processes and provide recommendations to the leadership team
- Lead resource allocation and departmental budgeting processes using data from ERP/business intelligence tools to create purposeful financial statements and timely trend analysis (monthly/quarterly/annually), as well as report on these metrics
- Oversee and manage the accounts payable, inventory financing functions, and cash management to ensure reporting accurate, timely data to the financial statements
- Manage Elevates relationships with financial institutions, and independent bookkeeping and tax services
- Oversee, organize and tracking of documentation related to governance
- Handle insurance & risk management including proposing company policies to ensure financial security, integrity with regulatory standards and confidentiality of data
- Drives automation & data driven decisions across our team.
- Work with leadership to develop fundraising strategies.
- Be a part of building a culture that promotes our values of: meaningful relationships, amazing experiences and a growth mindset
- A love for numbers and operational efficiency. Start-up experience is a bonus.
- CPA with at least 5-8 years of post-qualification experience in an equivalent position.
- Experience creating & managing corporate budgets to make informed recommendations to the leadership team.
- Technical accounting expertise, & experience with hands-on transactional accounting.
- An advanced understanding of financial statistics and accounting principles.
- Ability to champion change in business processes and culture.
- Ability to analyze and provide insights on financial data, prepare financial reports, statements and projections.
- Extremely self-motivated and proactive with demonstrated critical thinking abilities
- Great computer, documentation and reporting skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Previous experience leading product teams in medical device industry with frequent executive-level exposure
- Proven understanding of medical device verification and validation process and FDA Class I / II QMS requirements.
- Willing to take risks and drive change within the company (even as a new employee!)
- Insatiable desire to learn new things (processes, roles, concepts, technologies)
- You are an executor. You just simply get things done well, on time, and above expectations.
- Bachelors in Finance, Accounting or Economics
- Unlimited vacation
- Teams based in San Diego and San Francisco
- Healthcare and Dental benefits
- Remote working encouraged
Elevate Dynamics is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizen ship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.